September 29, 2006

Immeasurable

In August of 2003 I had the perfect date with a wonderful man. We drove to Chicago for the Tall Shps show. We had cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory on Michigan Ave., followed by drinks at the top of the Hancock building and finally Indian buffet on Devon St. We had so much fun together.

A few weeks later we set out for Burning Man, still unsure of what was happening between us, but not wanting it to end.

bman 03

As our relationship became established, everyday I spent with him I would think to myself, “I’m as happy and as in love as I could possibly be.” Only to be topped the next day with more happiness and more love. Eventually I had to stop trying to quantify it.

Last week we went back to the John Hancock Center and the man I love asked me to marry him. I said yes.

the ring

8 Comments

1. Congratulations!

As a recently married person myself, I will now chant, “ONE OF US! ONE OF US!”

Comment by steve — September 29, 2006 @ 2:37 pm

2. Congratulations!

Comment by Jeff — September 29, 2006 @ 6:24 pm

3. WWHOLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE SHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT !!!!!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Yay!

So happy for you guys.

-Dave

Comment by Dave Ross — September 29, 2006 @ 10:39 pm

4. We are so happy for you both! Yeah!!!! And you’re post describing it all was so lovely — and so is the ring! I take what I said about traditional – putting my foot in my mouth as usual! I cannot imagine a more wonderful couple! Congratulations! How much more can I say – I’m so happy. Yeah for love.

Comment by rosie — September 30, 2006 @ 4:28 pm

5. Better Story: Check
    Engagement: Check
    Happiness: Check

Quantified as a solid union, I endorse this joining.

Congrats again!

Comment by Pat — October 3, 2006 @ 12:15 pm

6. Marijka! SB! ohmygosh! This is fantastic news!!! What a wonderful way to complete your commitment to being forever and ever!

The ring is gorgeous and the color and design is soooooo the two of you!
    Best to both of you!
    Jar

Comment by Jar — October 6, 2006 @ 10:01 am

7. Thank you to everyone for their comments and excitement. Yay for love and cupcakes!

Comment by Marijka — October 6, 2006 @ 1:52 pm

8. what a sweet story! i should have checked in sooner!!!

congratulations!

Comment by lonely1 — October 8, 2006 @ 6:31 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Seed
  • Eating salted avocados with a spoon in Madison.
  • Blogging since 2003.